The Zephyr II Cable Series is our affordable, entry level, cable design built using technology and techniques pioneered by the bespoke David Series. These technologies include: EnKlein’s Forward Feed Shielding, and a noise rejection cable topology. The bodies of Zephyr II Interconnect, Speaker, and USB Cables are constructed with our proprietary “Uni-Tube” sealed air tubes to maintain an atmospheric balance not affected by changes in barometric pressure or humidity.
Forward Feed Shielding
Enklein is the leader in “Forward Feed Shielding” technology. Forward Feed Shielding reduces or eliminates electromagnetic interference (EMI) by dissipating shield energy collected by the shielding network through a proprietary shield energy dissipation controller. By using a forward feeding shield energy dissipation design, EMI, distortion, and signal variations are dissipated to ground by a method which does not influence the signal.
Air is our primary dielectric. The air tubes we utilize are comprised of polyethylene tubing; which complies with 21CFR177.1520 – Olefin polymer, hospital grade polyethylene. In our cable design the capacitance of the cable is controlled by the tube size, and electrical break down voltage is determined by the polyethylene tube. This combination minimizes capacitance and inductance, key contributors to distortion. The air tubes are arranged in topological configurations specifically designed to reduce mechanical resonance, and have high electromagnetic interference (EMI) rejection properties. The craftsman seals the ends of the tubes using our proprietary method which creates a “Uni-Tube”, reducing the interaction between conductors and the environment. This simply means the signal traveling through our conductors are shielded from external, internal environmental influences and self-imposed phase distortion found in most cabling. The result is a balance from low to high frequencies and no artificially induced distortion to the audio signal.
Zephyr II Interconnect
- 20 AWG Silver signal conductors
- 20 AWG Copper ground conductors
RCA: WBT-0102 Cu
- One-piece signal conductor made of pure copper for ultimate connectivity
- An optional ground wire from the shield is availabe upon request for use in phono applications.
- zinc diecast shell
- High quality silver contacts
XLR: Neutrik NC3F/MXX-BAG
Zephyr II Speaker Cable
- 20 AWG 99.99% pure silver and multiple different AWG copper conductors in a proprietary topology contained in EnKlein’s Uni-Tube architecture
Termination: WBT-0610 Cu (banana) / WBT-0661 Cu (spade)
- Signal conductor made of pure copper
- Elastomer oscillation damper for superb vibration damping and fracture resistance
Zephyr II Power Cord
- X AWG 99.9% pure stranded copper
- Rhodium-plated α (Alpha) Pure copper Conductor
- Nylon/fiberglass main body
- 15 and 20 amp IEC connections are available for your equipment termination
- Mains connections available include : US, SCHUKO, AU/NZ, and UK
Termination: Furutech FI-15 (R)
- 20 AWG 99.99% pure silver signal conductors
- 20 AWG pure copper power conductors
- High quality USB A Male and USB B Male connectors